Covid 19 has caused numerous changes in our day to day. We show you the importance of a proper use of contact lenses in this context.
The SARS-CoV (Covid-19) epidemic has caused many changes in our usual activity. There are some especially important recommendations for contact lens wearers during this Covid situation:
- For professionals who carry out their activity in areas of potential contact with positive Covid-19 patients, especially in the healthcare world, as well as in other situations in which the patient is in daily contact with many people, it is advisable to wear glasses and not contact lenses.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after putting on contact lenses.
- If possible, wear disposable contact lenses.
- Respect the hours of use and rest.
- Do not touch your mouth or nose during contact lens fitting. Viruses could go to the surface of the contact lens, and it should be noted that the conjunctiva is a place where viruses can enter the body and spread infection.
- Use preferably hydrogen peroxide cleaning solutions.
- Use the enzyme tablets with the periodicity recommended by the manufacturer.
- Change the container frequently.
- Use artificial tears often, if possible in single doses.
- In the case of patients with active Covid infection, the use of contact lenses is not considered appropriate.
- In case of redness of the eye, urgently contact your ophthalmologist.